We are best known for our franchising expertise.
We have extensive experience in the franchising industry and a good relationship with FASA (Franchising Association of South Africa). As such Pieter Swanepoel our director regularly contribute to the FASA newsletter by writing articles on franchising under South African law. He also partners with a company called Franchising Warehouse, where he on a monthly basis lectures on the legalities of franchising.
We provide advice and legal counsel to both Franchisors and Franchisees. Our franchising services includes assisting our clients with the following:
• Drafting and/or reviewing the franchise agreement
• Investigating and negotiating prospective franchising opportunities
• On behalf of our franchisor client’s manage the often tricky franchise relationship between franchisor and franchisee
• Compliance with the Consumer Protection Act, FASA code of ethics and other relevant legislation;
• Registering and protecting trademarks
• Providing advice on Intellectual Property Rights, such as trademarks and copyright
In addition to the above we have represented various clients in matters concerning the National Consumer Commission, either to defend or lodge a complaint with the NCC.